There are many different seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Baseball Season, Basketball Season, Football Season, This Season, Last Season; and there’s Cuffing Season. According to several studies, Cuffing Season starts when the weather turns cold ’til the weather warms up – it’s a long ol’ time typically running from October to March.
If you’re not sure of what Cuffing Season is, here’s a definition courtesy of UrbanDictionary:
“Cuffing Season – During the fall and winter months people who would normally rather be single or promiscuous find themselves along with the rest of the world desiring to be “Cuffed” or tied down by a serious relationship. The cold weather and prolonged indoor activity causes singles to become lonely and desperate to be cuffed.”
While Cuffing Season appeals to some, it is not for everyone. Some have principles and refuse to comply with this nonsense. Although, as soon as people around them start pairing off on those cold wintery nights, the consideration and urge of being cuffed may cross your mind.
Here are 40 alternatives to being “Cuffed” this Cuffing Season:
1. Invest in a warmer coat.
2. Invest in a blanket.
3. Turn up your heater.
4. Delete the ex-boyfriend you haven’t heard from in 9 months “Hey stranger how you been?” texts.
5. Find your single friends.
6. Cuddle with your single friends, you need each other.
7. Netflix binge.
8. Seamless binge, as much food as you want, ain’t nobody there to judge you.
9. Ignore needy social media posts about “Cuddles” and “Cuddle Weather”.
10. If Drake songs start playing on your iTunes, skip that sh*t.
11. Take a class at your gym. Nothing is more empowering than a great workout.
12. Adopt a pet.
13. If number 12 doesn’t serve as convenient than pet sit your friends pooch or puddycat.
14. Find a Pumpkin Spice Latte to fulfill your needs. Kidding!.. Kind of.
15. Read a new book. Once you’re into it you won’t be able to put it down.
16. If we’re still in October, carve a pumpkin. Even if it’s just for your room, it’s a chance to be creative.
17. A big bowl of soup. It will give you that warm feeling you’ve been searching for.
18. Chipotle. It also gives you the warm feeling. It lasts all day too.
19. Happy Hour.
20. Invest In an electric blanket. This will be the best decision you’ll ever make.
21. Try cooking a meal. It can feel like quite an accomplishment if it’s edible.
22. Buy a scented candle for your room. It’s something small that can make a huge difference.
23. Make a hot toddy.
24. Get drunk off that hot toddy.
25. Skype your best friend on the other side of the country/world.
26. Invest in some slipper socks.
27. A bottle of red wine.
28. New PJs. There is honestly no more of a comforting feeling than new PJs.
30. White wine.
31. Host a girls night either at your apartment or plan an evening out.
32. Rosé wine.
33. Spend an evening pampering yourself.
34. Write out a list of movies you’ve wanted to see but never got round to watching and watch all of them!
35. Explore Tinder. It can be pretty uh, interesting.
36. Buy a new hat. A new hat can make you feel brand new and its inexpensive.
37. Go to the cinema on your own. Its a weirdly liberating.
38. Take a bunch of selfies. Everyone feels good after a good selfie.
39. Buy new bedding. You won’t want to share that with anyone.
40. Realizing that as comical as this list is or isn’t for you, know that you don’t need to rely on another person to make you feel complete, or fulfilled, or whatever it is you’re longing for. Get happy with yourself on the inside, get happy watching Netflix in your own space and company, do your own thing and get together with your friends for wild nights out and create memories. The right person will come along when it’s meant to happen. Until then, love your single adventures, being single is a beautiful thing no matter what the season.
By: Georgia Sumner
If you enjoyed this article, check out 9 Reason Why You Are Still Single in NYC!