New York City is unlike any other place in the world, so it’s no surprise that the people who reside in the concrete jungle tend to live a little differently than others. Whether you are a native or a newly established transplant, there are certain situations that all those living in NYC will inevitably encounter on a regular basis, and these animals perfectly capture the daily struggles associated with living in NYC.
Here are 22 Animal Reactions that Perfectly Describe Living in NYC:
1. When you get into that empty subway car and realize why it is empty.
2. When people are walking really slow in front of you.
3. When your roommate catches you eating their food.
4. When you are walking down the street and you feel a “mysterious drip” fall on your head.
5. When you go to your friend’s apartment, only to discover they live in a 6-floor walk up.
6. When you’re trying to check out the hot person standing next to you on the subway without being too obvious.
7. When you open your credit card statement and your realize how much you’ve spent on cabs and Seamless this month.
8. When you accidentally get on the subway going uptown but you need to go downtown.
9. When your roommate brings home take-out and offers to share it with you.
10. When you go to Trader Joe’s really early in the morning and there’s no line.
11. When you’re sitting on the subway at 3 pm and all of the loud, annoying school kids begin to test your patience.
12. When you get all dressed up to go to a party, then find out it’s in another borough.
13. When you see a couple displaying way too much PDA at the bar.
14. When you lock yourself out of your apartment and wait an eternity for your super to finally show up.
15. When the person walking in front of you suddenly stops in the middle of the sidewalk for no reason.
16. When you pass someone you know on the street and wave to them, but they don’t see you.
17. When you stop at a dollar slice place on the way home from the bar.
18. When you look at your receipt after a trip to Whole Foods.
19. When you try to walk through the Meatpacking District in stilettos.
20. When you wake up in a stranger’s apartment in Harlem after a long night of drinking.
21. When you smell garbage roasting on the sidewalk during a hot summer day.
22. When you walk outside of your apartment at night, look up at the Empire State building and take a moment to remember why you live in New York City, the greatest city in the world!
By: Kaylin Pound
Looking for more animals in New York City? Check out Animals that Love Pizza Just As Much as New Yorkers!