New York City is a unique and diverse metropolis that is unlike any other city in the world. Therefore, it should be no surprise that living in Gotham comes with a variety of distinct challenges that all of its inhabitants know to be true.
No matter how long you’ve lived here, you are bound to encounter these situations on a regular basis and these animals perfectly describe the daily struggles of living in NYC.
Here are 21 Animals That Know the Struggles of Living in NYC:
1. When delis have credit card minimums.
2. When you find a public restroom with no line.
3. When you get invited to an event that has an open bar.
4. When someone tells you that they enjoy going to Times Square.
5. When your roommate catches you borrowing her clothes without asking.
6. When all of your friends get into the club and you get left outside after being denied by the bouncer.
7. When you finally realize you have a serious Red Mango addiction.
8. When you hear a Mr. Softee truck in the distance on a hot summer day.
9. When you just barely make it onto the subway right before the doors close.
10. When you’re booking it to work on a Citi Bike.
11. When you see a rat run past your feet on the sidewalk.
12. When a new Chipotle opens up down the block from your apartment.
13. When you find a no-fee apartment with on-site laundry.
14. When you’re out and you think you see a celebrity, but you don’t want them to know you are staring.
15. When a stranger comes up to you in the Meatpacking District and tries to sell you “Coke,Weed, Molly.”
16. When you find out that your friend pays less for rent than you and has a wayyy nicer apartment.
17. When you are shame-walking home in club attire on Sunday morning and you see your ex walking towards you on the same street.
18. When the clipboard people approach you in Union Square.
19. When you realize you never submitted your rent check a week after it was due.
20. When the Seamless guy shows up with your food order while you are in the shower.
21.When you take in the sights of the city and realize that despite the struggles, New York City really is the greatest place in the world!
Looking for more animals in New York City? Check out Animals that Love Pizza Just As Much as New Yorkers!