The best month of the autumn season is finally upon us as we make our way into October. In addition to the return of pumpkin spice lattes, chunky knit sweaters, an excuse to drink beer and the sight of colorful leaves on a crisp clear day, there’s one more thing to love about October in NYC: Halloween!
As the city slowly fills up with pumpkins, spooky haunted houses and scary decorations throughout the month, there are an endless amount of reasons why Halloween is one of the best holiday season in New York City.
Here are 17 Reason to Love Halloween in NYC:
1. The Tompkins Square Dog Parade.
2. Terrifying haunted houses all around the city like Blood Manor and Blackout.
3. A chance to get creative with your costumes.
4. And an excuse to finally dye your dog a different color.
5. Or, transform your cat into a Pokemon character.
6. Not to mention, the perfect excuse to dress up like your favorite slutty animal.
7. ..and the one day of the year where no one can judge you for wearing lingerie in public.
8. Halloween decorations all around the city.
9. Pumpkin spiced everything all around the city.
10. Scary movies on television…
11. Not to mention, our all time favorite, Hocus Pocus.
12. Buying pumpkins at farmer’s market.
13. The Haunted Pumpkin Garden at the Botanical Garden in the Bronx.
14. An excuse to buy candy for the trick or treaters…but really eat most of it yourself.
15. The Halloween Parade and Pumpkin Sail in Central Park.
16. Costume parties, bar crawls and Halloween themed nightclub events.
17. A chance to be a part of the ultimate Halloween celebration in NYC, The Village Halloween Parade. Happy Haunting!
Looking for more things to do in NYC this fall? Check out 10 Must-Do October Activities in NYC!